Tuesday 9 April 2013

pottering in the garden

Well what a day, despite the weather forecast being for rain and snow showers, I decided to go out into the garden and have a little play.  



My fruit plants needed a little t-l-c, so I tidied them up a bit, re-strung the raspberries, added compost and soil food to them and the blueberries, blackberries and pear tree.











  Potted on the strawberry runners from last year into a couple of plant pots. One of which came all the way from New Zealand.














The little man always reminds me of our time there and the friends we made. Some of whom were from the UK too, but unlike us they made their lives in that beautiful country so far away.





After my little reminisce it was time to plant some seeds so in went the cucumber, red salad, lettuce, rocket, spinach, tomato, cosmos and sunflower seeds.




 












Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a whole bunch of little plants that are going to be full of yummy goodness or will grow into beautiful flowers.


It just goes to show that a day that starts grey can become full of life and sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment