Friday, 24 February 2012
Tuesday, 21 February 2012
- Line buttered swiss roll tin
- Melt chocolate in a bowl above a pan of water then leave to cool for 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- separate eggs (this bit was scary but I went with the egg in the hand method)
- Whisk the egg whites on high until you achieve stiff peaks
- Mix egg yolks and caster sugar for 2-3 minutes
- Pour the chocolate into the egg yolks and fold in
- Add two large spoonfuls of egg white and stir gently
- Add rest of egg white
- Sift cocoa and gently fold in
- Pour into tin and cook for 20-25 minutes, then cool in the tin
- Put baking sheet on worktop and sprinkle with icing sugar, turn sponge out onto it
- whip the cream until it holds its shape
- spread it onto the sponge
- make a little cut at one end and roll it in
- then using the paper to help continue to roll away from you
- finish with the join at the bottom
Tuesday, 14 February 2012
Well I got out of the house this weekend which was very exciting after nearly two weeks recuperating. We went to a lovely RSPB nature reserve not far from home, and although I couldn’t walk around much to enjoy the full beauty of it all. It was great to be out in nature again. Luckily there was a good tea shop that looked out over a lake with some bird feeders to give extra viewing success where I could sit whilst photography genius was out taking loads of brilliant photographs. It was a lovely trip out and topped off by seeing a fox quite happily wandering around the car park checking out the smells, just wish I’d got my camera out quicker.
I did get a few shots some of which may end up on some cards before too long, either way I will definately be going back when I can explore more.
Friday, 10 February 2012
I received a couple of packs free in a crafting magazine a ‘Forever Friends’ and a ‘Daisy & Dandelion’ spring pack from DoCraft. I don’t tend to do many decoupage pictures, I mainly decoupage items such as boxes, pots and picture frames, and if I have used it on a card I have only ever used the pop out kind.